Thursday, April 10, 2008

Living a Peruvian life




I am getting tanned from the sun, toned from the gym, and kind of wanting to cut my hair. But I don't think I will just yet, because right now they tell me I look Peruvian. (Actually, someone initially said that I looked like a rich Peruvian. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant.) But anyways, I am fitting in well here, at least until I open my mouth! My Spanish is improving, slowly but surely. For example, we learned a very useful phrase in Spanish class yesterday: We're all going to die! So I used it several times at the gym this morning when these Peruvian men were trying to make us lift about a zillion kilos.
I watch the sun rise over Lima from the gym each morning...and I pray with all my heart that God would rise His Son over Peru. I watch all the cars driving somewhere, the people walking somewhere, and pray for the touch of my Father in their lives.
Here's a picture of me in my new role of playing guitar. I'm not great, but I can do it cuz I'm here in Peru.
We've kind of settled into a routine here. It feels very natural to me. I'm living a Peruvian life.
Yeah. I am Peruvian.